If there is one thing Arjun Rampal is well-known for in bollywood, it’s his suave look with ripped muscles and a neatly sculpted physique. Arjun Rampal, the 42 year old actor still projects a lean muscular body and is known as the Greek God of Bollywood.
Arjun Rampal is a an actor, producer, model as well as a television host. He made his debut in bollywood with the movie Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat. He is best known for his recent roles in movies like Om Shanti Om, Rajneeti, Ra One and Rock On.
Back in early days while in college, Arjun was a skinny boy that is when he started his workouts and developed a muscular physique. He was an athlete while in college and is known to have ran as long as 400 metres stretch.
Being fit and maintaining good health is an integral part of his lifestyle, says Arjun.
Workout tips of Arjun Rampal
Arjun Rampal keeps himself fit with a lot of physical outdoor activities like running, swimming, playing games like football, tennis or practising Karate inorder to stay fit.
He focuses on building stamina which is one of the great ways to stay in shape. His trainer Zarine Watson has introduced him to core training for building stamina and physical strength. Arjun suggests focusing on stamina building rather than how much weight one can lift.
Arjun Rampal’s Diet
Arjun is not very rigid about his diet. He is a foodie and loves various delicacies. Arjun takes 5 small meals a day rather than 3 large meals. He is blessed with a good metabolism and that helps in burning the unwanted carb intake, says Arjun. Although, if his profession demands for a specific role, he does give away carbs for a few days before the shoot. He makes it a point to include nuts like walnuts and cashwenuts in his diet and consumes a healthy amount of water throughout the day. Arjun enjoys fruits as his favourite snack during breaks. Arjun also likes to indulge in black coffee with a little sugar to keep him going.
– Breakfast: This includes about 2 whole grain toasts and a couple of egg whites, fruit like papaya or banana He follows his workout with a protein shake.
– Lunch: 2 chapatis / phulkas with dal, sabzi, chicken and whole grain bread sandwiches
– Dinner: He avoids carbs for dinner post 9:00 pm. His dinner mainly includes salads and soups.
Arjun Rampal’s workout secrets
Arjun worked out for 5 days a week and focused on 2 body parts each day. Details of his workout routine are as follows
– Warm up included some running and stretching exercises like cardio
– Warm up followed with lower back exercises
– Focus on exercise of specific body parts for 20-30 seconds each
– 2500 sit ups and about 8 sets of Tabata. He practices Tabata which is a high intensity training exercise for 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest, and repeats without break 8 times for about 4-5 minutes.
It was during the sets of Ra One, when Kareena kapoor introduced Arjun Rampal to Yoga and he was inspired to incorporate Yoga in his fitness routine. Arjun suggests focusing on creating a right balance for all body parts is a must for keeping fit. He surely is well admired within the industry for the great persona he projects.
CREDIT: INDIAN BODYBUILDING